You make it with bulgar but if you aren’t sure where to find it, a box of tabbouleh (which already contains seasonings) is fine to use. If that is the case, you can bypass the seasoning ingredients. If you desire, add feta cheese.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the bulgur wheat in a large bowl, stir the boiling water into it, cover, and let stand until the water is absorbed and the wheat is fluffy, about 30 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, lightly stir together the parsley, spinach, tomato, yellow bell pepper, onion, garlic, cannellini beans, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper. Add the bulgur, lightly stir to thoroughly combine the salad, and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.