This holiday season, we are hosting our neighborhood pot-luck block party. It’s esy to decorate your home for the holidays without spending a bundle. I wanted to highlight the dessert table and decided to make this chandelier:
Won’t this hanging double wreath with red and white candy canes with ivy be charming over a large round table?
- 12-inch wire floral ring (crimped, straight, or double; available at craft and floral stores)
- 8-inch wire floral ring (crimped, straight, or double)
- Wire cutters or scissors
- Small piece of thin wire
- Three 1-yard lengths of 5/8-inch-wide red grosgrain ribbon
- Candy canes
- Wrap ivy garland around both wire rings. Trim away any excess garland with wire cutters or scissors. If necessary, secure the ivy with thin wire.
- Tie one end of each ribbon to the 12-inch ring, spacing the ribbons evenly around the circle at one-third intervals.
- Now tie them to the 8-inch ring, also at one-third intervals, leaving 8 inches of ribbon between the rings.
- Tie the three ribbons in a single knot at the top. Hang the wreath from this knot and hook candy canes over the ivy-covered rings.