Friends, this is the time of year to be a healthy eating trendsetter. As you lose weight, don’t be annoyed with copycats who want to follow in your lighter footsteps. Be courageous with soups and salads. My Spinach and Orange Salad with Almonds is 140 calories and goes well with a bowl of my 80 calorie favorite, Campbell’s Chicken Mushroom Barley with an added can of green beans. The recipe below serves 4. Plate up more produce to get skinny. Stop apologizing for eating healthy and low calorie! Get over your fear of being beautiful, will you please?
Some of you may not like too many onions, but others might enjoy sprinkling on some blue cheese.
- 8 ounces baby spinach about 5 to 6 cups
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade (sugar-free is just as flavorful)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball the amount
- Salt and pepper
Arrange spinach leaves on a large platter or individual salad plates. Top with mandarin sections and chopped red onion. Whisk together marmalade and vinegar. Stream oil into dressing while continuing to whisk.
When you are ready to serve, pour the dressing over salad and season with salt and pepper.