Do you love scrambled eggs but worry about the high cholesterol in egg yokes? Egg Substitute replaces whole eggs in your meals and recipes while providing the flavor you love. The Advantages are no fat, no cholesterol, only 30 calories per serving which is half the calories of whole eggs, no preservatives, pasteurized for safety, convenient and versatile. Find them in the refrigerated dairy case or frozen breakfast section of your supermarket. Who doesn’t love vegetable scrambled eggs? They are packed with a variety of veggies, giving you an instant healthy boost. One serving is 90 calories. My recipe below takes ten minutes to prepare and yeilds two servings. If you are on the Gold Standard of Thin (fat blasting plan of 250 calories per meal) add a slice of 50 calorie whole grain toast and a piece of fruit.
- 1 cup egg substitute (equals 4 eggs)
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup fat free or low fat milk
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped and seeded
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, green pepper, milk, onions, salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly greased skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Add the tomato; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
GOLD STANDARD OF THIN now has a Kindle edition on Amazon– also available for Blackberry, ipod, or on a computer. Stay motivated all day the our seven secrets in the little gold suitcase (in the book).