Dr. Oz has endorsed Chef Rocco Dispirito’s 45 calorie triple chocolate cookie. They taste like the real thing. If you have a major sweet tooth, Rocco’s low-fat and low-calorie cookie may be the answer. White cannellini beans replace the flour in traditional recipes! Take note of light agave nectar instead of sugar. You will find agave nectar in many large grocery stores and health-food stores.
- Photo courtesy of Crestock images.
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (real vanilla, not imitation please!)
– 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
– 1 cup canned white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
– 2 TB Light Agave Syrup
– 3 egg whites
– 1.5 cups granulated artificial sweetener
– 1/4 cup Chocolate Covered Cocoa Nibs
– 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cover your baking sheets with parchment paper and a light covering of cooking spray.
3. Blend in a food processor (or I might try it with my hand immersion blender) the vanilla, cocoa, cannellini beans and agave syrup.
4. Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until you get soft peaks.
5. Beat the artificial sweetener into the egg whites until you get stiff peaks.
6. Blend 1/3 of the egg whites into the cocoa mixture. Repeat with the next 1/3 of the egg whites. And repeat once more with the final 1/3 of the egg whites.
7. Mix the cocoa nibs into your cookie batter.
8. Place spoonfuls of cookie batter onto your cookie sheets to make cookies around 2.5″ in diameter.
9. Place chocolate chips on top of your cookies.
10. Bake your cookies for 20 minutes (rotating the pan after 10 minutes).
.Rocco and his nutrition team created this amazing recipe.
.Stephanie Beck once tipped the scales at 303 pounds before finding ways to mix and match.
.Healthy recipes can come out of old favoite unhealthy ones.
.Rocco needed to lose thirty pounds himself before lightening up comfort foods dear to his heart.
.It’s possible toe eat food you love, if you lighten up recipes.
.You still have to limit quantity.
.My advice is still to plan meals in advance and stick with it.