You probably sensed this, and I have too. Our computers can make us chubby! Researchers recently found that stress triggered by 45 minutes of computer work caused women to consume 230 more calories at their next meal, compared to women who chilled out.
This morning Becky asked me what I am eating today, and here is my plan:
Breakfast: A homemade skinny latte, 1 slice whole wheat toast with 1 soy sausage patty, a low fat Mozzarella cheese stick, and fresh kiwi.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. avocado, chopped
- 1 Italian plum tomato
- 1/2 oz. low fat, low sodium shredded cheddar cheese
Rinse and chop finely chop tomato. Combine tomato with avocado and shredded cheese until well mixed. Serve.
- 2 cups lettuce, romaine or lettuce of choice
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 fresh radishes (medium)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and vinegar dressing (light)
- 3 oz. baked or grilled trout
Rinse, dry and shred lettuce; set aside. Rinse tomatoes and radishes; cut tomatoes into halves and thinly slice radishes. Place lettuce in salad bowl and top with vegetables. Toss salad with dressing. Cut trout in bite-sized pieces and add to salad. Serve.
Also Include: 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 tbsp. sliced almonds
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 oz. fat-free mozzarella cheese – fat free
- 2/3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. low fat sour cream
Rinse and dry salad greens. Add beans, onion and tomatoes. Mix olive oil with lemon juice, pour over salad and toss with cheese. Top with sour cream. Serve.