With three other families on our street, I’m coordinating a holiday progressive dinner block party. Others are hosting appetizers, main dish, and dessert, and we’re doing the salad stop. It’s pot luck– every guest household brings something. Since food in general is ample, I’m making light Cashew Salad Lettuce Wraps. Recipe is below table runner. The block party gets me decorating!
Ingredients serves 4 (I will triple the recipe for our block party)
- 1 head butter lettuce (green or red leaf lettuce can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable broth powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces
- Remove some of the more perfect looking leaves from a head of butter lettuce. Rinse them well, dry them well in paper towels. Keep them until needed in a gallon-size plastic bag, stored in the refrigerator.
- Combine light mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, and chicken broth powder in small bowl with whisk.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining chicken salad ingredients, gently tossing with spoons until well blended. Pour dressing over the top and toss to blend everything well. Cover bowl and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Ten minutes before serving, spoon 1/3 cup of the chicken salad mixture (1/4 cup or less if the leaves are on the small size) in the center of each lettuce leaf. Enjoy!
4 servings (2 lettuce wraps each)
Per serving: 215 calories, 25 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 63 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 105 mg sodium (if unsalted cashews used). Calories from fat: 38 percent.