As I celebrate the release of FALLING EVERMORE with Filipina heroine Sophia Mercola who backs herself into a near-fatal corner, I’m making grilled chicken and corn courtesy of Panlasang Pinoy. Garlic and paprika makes this dish unique. The woman on the book cover lives in Los Angeles and hails from the Philippines (see below).
Grilled Chicken and Corn
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cleaned
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 5 pieces corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- Combine 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper, and paprika. Mix well.
- Rub the mixture on the chicken thighs. Let stand for 3 hours to absorb the flavor. Note: Refrigerate the chicken during this process.
- Heat the grill and start grilling the chicken. Grill each side for about 12 minutes. Note: grilling one side for 12 minutes straight will burn the chicken. Try to rotate the chicken every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and arrange in a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, brush some butter and sprinkle salt on each corn.
- Grill the corn for 15 minutes while continuously rotating them to prevent from getting burnt.
- Remove from the grill and brush with additional butter.
- Arrange in a serving plate with the chicken.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!