Don’t you love FISH ‘N CHIPS? Bake, don’t fry! Cole Slaw is a perfect side dish.
|4 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray|
|2 medium uncooked potato(es), peeled and cut into 8 wedges each|
|1/4 tsp table salt, or more to taste (enough for potatoes and fish)|
|1/4 tsp black pepper, or to more taste (enough for potatoes and fish)|
|1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk|
|1 Tbsp Dijon mustard|
|1/2 cup(s) seasoned breadcrumbs|
|1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour|
|20 fillet(s) uncooked Pacific cod, four 5 oz fillets|
|4 Tbsp red wine vinegar|
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place potato wedges on one baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray; season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes.
- Whisk milk and mustard together in a shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish and put flour in a third shallow dish.
- Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper. Place fish in flour and turn to coat. Place fish in milk mixture and turn to coat. Place fish in bread crumbs and turn to coat.
- Transfer fish to second prepared baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake fish until fork-tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve fish and potato wedges with vinegar on the side. Yields 1 fillet, 4 potato wedges and 1 tablespoon of vinegar per serving.