Your gang (or anyone of you on the GOLD STANDARD OF THIN eating plan) will love my buttermilk red-white-blue potato salad for Memorial Day! Whether you leave a few small carrots whole or shred them, add bits of cucumber and fresh tarragon. Each serving is just 107 calories. Potato salad looks more gourmet with multicolored potatoes.
(makes about 4 servings)
2 pound2 small potatoes
6 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
chopped cucumber, 1/2 cup shredded carrots, 2 scallions
1 tablespoon (loosely packed) finely chopped chives
- Pierce each potato once with a fork and place in microwave. Cook on HIGH until just tender. Let potatoes cool slightly, then cut each in half (or quarter the larger ones).
- Meanwhile, cook turkey bacon over medium-high heat, flipping from front to back often, until crisp. Set aside to cool, then crumble into pieces.
- In small bowl combine buttermilk, 2 Tbs creamy horseradish sauce, 1 Tbs lemon juice, 1 Tbs fresh tarragon, salt and pepper (or Mrs Dash seasonings)
- In medium-size serving bowl, combine vegetables. Cover and keep in refrigerator until needed.
- Right before serving, stir in chives.