Are you ready for a change of seasons? Here it is, October, and in Southern California the temperature hit 100! That’s ice cream weather, but ice cream makes us fat. This afternoon I made RASPBERRY MOCHA MADNESS SWAPPUCCHINO. This frothy, frozen treat packs only 82 skinny calories and 2 grams of fat. Please note the use of fat free Reddi-wip. If any of you are on the GOLD STANDARD OF THIN (99 cents to buy) plan, you know all about it. Many are moving away from dairy and toward soy milk for reasons of lactose intolerance, and I choose the lighter versions used in the recipe below.
The photo and recipe are courtesy of Hungry Girl.
- 1/2 cup light chocolate soymilk, cold
- 1/4 cup sugar-free calorie-free raspberry syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 2 no-calorie sweetener packets
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice or 8 to 10 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons Fat Free Reddi-wip
In a tall glass, combine coffee granules, powdered creamer, cocoa, and sweetener. Add 2 tablespoons hot water and stir to dissolve ingredients.
Add soymilk and raspberry syrup, then transfer to a blender. Add ice and blend on high speed until thoroughly mixed.
Pour into your glass and finish off with whipped topping. Enjoy!