My homemade squash soup is light and delicious at 70 calories per serving. It’s easy to prepare.
Photo by is courtesy of Rickaholic.
Ingredients serve 6:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic (My husband doesn’t like garlic which means I omit it.)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh or ground sage
- dash of salt/pepper or Mrs. Dash’s seasoning
- 3 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash (peeled, seeded, cubed)
- Parmesan cheese (Garnish)
1Add oil, garlic and onion to large stockpot over medium heat.
2Saute for 3-4 minutes.
3Add sage, salt, pepper, broth and squash.
4Bring to a boil.
5Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (or until squash has a tender consistency).
6Use stick blender to lightly puree, leaving some chunks, or puree half of the soup in a food processor or blender and return to pot.
7Garnish with Parmesan cheese and more fresh sage (if desired).