Last night I made PASTA WITH BEANS, SPINACH, AND FETA for a 350-calorie dinner. This dinner is very Tuscan, and it reminded my husband of our trip to Italy last July. I could picture the Umbria area which to us looked a whole lot like Napa Valley in California without the beautiful old, old buildings. Italy is a beautiful place, and I think about the way things are viewed.
- 8 cups coarsely chopped spinach leaves
- 4 cups hot cooked cavatappi (about 6 ounces uncooked spiral-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (if you like garlic)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup green and black olives
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
To prepare all you have to do is toss everything together. I sprinkled pine nuts on the top.
- Fresh ground black pepper (optional)