The Green Goddess Salad, invented at San Francisco Palace Hotel in the 1920s has become a sophisticated staple. Usually it combines fresh shrimp, cucumber, artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes with homemade green goddess dressing. Watch out for the dressing. My low calorie recipe is just as delicious.
- 2 Tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chives, or green part of a scallion, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 average anchovies canned in oil drained, minced
All you do is mix until creamy.