Our granddaughter, Roxanne, will soon arrive for dinner and will spend the night. Do you agree a burger is kid-friendly? It is if you server fries with it! I also want my husband, Gerry, to like them.
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup(s) teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 large egg white(s)
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 8 medium uncooked scallion(s), root ends trimmed
- 4 item(s) reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
- Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, ginger, garlic, oil, teriyaki sauce, scallions, cilantro and egg white; mix until just combined. Make four burgers, about 3/4-inch-thick each.
- Offheat, coat both sides of burgers with cooking spray.
- Grill burgers, flipping once, until fully cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. A few minutes before burgers are done, place whole scallions on center of grill and cook, turning once, until bright green and charred, about 2 minutes.
- Remove burgers and scallions to a plate; lightly toast rolls on grill. Serve each burger on a roll topped with 2 scallions. Yields 1 burger per serving.