Do you love summer salads? Here is my recipe for Moroccan Chicken Salad. The coriander and cinnamon contribute to the signature flavor.
- 1⁄2cup butternut squash, diced
- 3 beets, boiled until tender
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 hard cooked egg, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 carrots, diced or shredded
- 1 red or orange bell pepper
- Handful of dried apricots or dates
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup Girard’s champagne dressing
- 1⁄4cup roasted almonds
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- To make the spiced chicken: combine coriander and cinnamon with olive oil to make a paste. Spread on chicken breasts with a bbq brush or fingers; cook chicken in pan or grill (I used my Foreman grill and it worked well) until fully cooked. Let chicken cool and slice.
- While chicken is cooking, roast diced squash in a 400 degree oven for about ten minutes (I used my toaster oven).
- Toss all other ingredients together with the champagne dressing to taste. Top with sliced chicken & almonds.