In spite of our soggy, rainy weather Southern Californians came out last night to celebrate. There were thousands of parties to attend, bands to listen to, fireworks to see, champagne to drink, and lots of hugs and kisses.
Here were some ways SoCal brought in the New Year:
1. LONG BEACH: Queen Mary New Year’s Eve: Three and a half acres of the ship’s deck themed areas.
LONG BEACH: New Year’s Eve Party on Pine with bands and party time.
2. BUENA PARK: New Year’s Eve at Knott’s Berry Farm with Fireworks Show, bands and dancing.
3. COSTA MESA: OC WinterFest New Year’s Eve party with fireworks.
4. ANAHEIM: Disneyland’s New Year’s Eve Fantasy In The Sky Fireworks Spectacular.
6. FULLERTON: First Night. Free Downtown Fullerton street party with bands. Kids bounce houses, small train, face painting and balloon art, food and Fireworks Show at midnight.
7. MARINA DEL REY: New Year’s Eve Celebration with Fireworks. Free event.
8. AVALON: Annual gala with Big Band, formal attire and spectacular bay views from Historic Casino Ballroom.
9. BIG BEAR LAKE: Torchlight Parade held annually on the ski slopes to celebrate the New Year.
10. TEMECULA: Old Town Temecula New Year’s Eve Party with Grape Drop, kids activities and family fun.