Did I write low calorie and creamy in the same sentence? I did! One large bowl is 320 calories. Enjoy a salad and bread sticks with this filling summer entre.
- 8 ounces frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/2 pound zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1 15 1/2 – ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- 2 cups cooked white rice (optional)
- Place onions, carrots, corn, broth, vinegar and 1-1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Stir in zucchini and chickpeas; cook for 45 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together cream, cornstarch, salt, pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence; set aside.
- Stir in cream mixture and tomatoes and cook an additional 15 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with Asiago and serve with rice, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Creamy Summer Vegetable Stew
Servings Per Recipe: 4 PER SERVING: 311 cal., 9 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 23 mg chol., 681 mg sodium, 48 g carb. (9 g fiber), 11 g pro.