Do you want to try an easy Coconut Chicken recipe? This one features soba noodles, but any noodles work fine here.
Ingredients to serve 6:
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers
- 4 scallions
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 box (12 oz) soba noodles (such as Annie Chun’s)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 can (13.5 oz) light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high and brush grate with oil. In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp of the brown sugar, 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/8 tsp of the cayenne. Rub onto chicken breasts. Grill chicken over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Toss peppers and scallions in 1 tsp of the vegetable oil. Skewer peppers and grill 4 minutes; flip and grill another 4 minutes. Grill scallions 2 minutes
- stems, and chop scallions.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add soba and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse immediately under cold water.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Toast coconut 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove to a plate. Add remaining 1 tsp oil to skillet. Add garlic and ginger to skillet; sauté 1 minute. Pour in coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, remaining 1 tbsp brown sugar, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and remaining 1/8 tsp cayenne. Bring to a simmer. Mix cornstarch with 1 tsp cold water. Add to mixture and simmer 2 minutes, until thickened.
- In a large bowl, toss sauce with chicken, peppers, scallions and soba. Divide among 6 bowls and garnish with coconut and cilantro.
Nutrition Information for Coconut Chicken Soba Noodles
Servings Per Recipe: 6 PER SERVING: 440 cal., 10 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 85 mg chol., 880 mg sodium, 52 g carb. (5 g fiber), 35 g pro.