So delicious an healthy– ingredients and recipe are courtesy of the Mayo Clinic.
- 1 package(s) tofu, firm
(14 ounces), drained
- 1 teaspoon oil, peanut
or sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, less sodium
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter, natural
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, rice wine
- 2 tablespoon sugar, brown
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, red flakes
- 4 medium scallion(s) (green onions)
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
Slice the tofu crosswise into 1/2-inch slabs. Then cut each slab into 2 triangles. Blot with paper towels. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the pan over medium to high heat and add the oil. When hot, add the tofu and fry over medium-high heat until golden. Turn and cook on the second side.
While the tofu is cooking, combine soy sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, brown sugar, pepper flakes, two green onions and water in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
When the tofu is lightly browned, pour the sauce over the tofu and cook until bubbling. Turn off the heat, scatter the remaining green onions and sesame seeds over the top and serve.