On Saturday I’m talking on the topic of Writing Dialogue for Romance at East Valley Authors (the EVA chapter of RWA). I’m also bringing food which has to be Mexican on Cinco de Mayo. Everyone loves this fun party dip, even writers! I keep it light by serving it with reduced-fat, salt-free blue corn chips.
- Make guacamole: Mash avocado, lime juice, cilantro and salsa together.
- In small bowl, blend sour cream with taco seasoning.
- Spread the refried beans in the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate (you can warm the beans up in the microwave briefly to make them more spreadable.)
- Top the beans with the sour cream mixture, then top that with the guacamole.
- Spread the tomatoes on top, then sprinkle the green onions over the top, followed by the shredded cheese and black olives if desired.
- Serve with reduced-fat tortilla chips or reduced-fat crackers.