At our small Episcopal church we take turns bringing food for after the service. Usually two people sign up. On Sunday I will make three trays of Sausage-egg-cheese casserole, bundt cakes (sliced) and a tossed field greens salad.
Here’s the recipe for the casserole:
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, salt and mustard. Stir in bread cubes, cheese and sausage.
- Pour into a greased 11×7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 10 servings.